Tuesday, September 25, 2007

yikes

as i stood going about my daily routine of making my coffee the night before i realized that i have a routine like what i always associate with what adults have, and more specifically one like my dad!

*5:40am-wake up, quick run if its not raining and i got enough sleep
-shower, check emails and read the news online over coffee
*7:40 head to work

**i have established quite a regimented morning routine and when my internet is out and i can't check out what is going on in the world it throws my whole day off!

afternoon activities vary...

7:30ish
-make and eat dinner
-study japanese, make up lesson plans, sort out bills...
-dishes
-make coffee for the morning
-enjoy a cup of herbal tea
-read and then

in bed by 10:30-11pm (hopefully, sometimes i don't know what i do for hours in my apt by myself, but i'll look at the clock and is 1am!)

my life sounds so boring written out this way, but it is also plagued with the idiosyncrasies of life in japan, where just sorting out your garbage can be quite an ordeal!


its about 10:30 time to start heading off to bed...

2 comments:

Sophia said...

Ok, you must have JUST written this post because I read your other post about 15 minutes ago. I can't believe you get up so early. My new friend Stéfanie woke me at 9 this morning and I had trouble. You sound like such an adult.

Erin said...

yea! you get up at 5:40?? that's amazing, how? and i agree, routines are everything. i get thrown off when my day gets interrupted by something, ESPECIALLY when it involves my internet or diet coke being unexpectedly scarce.