Friday, January 18, 2008

groceries

A few months back someone (my mom) had asked me to post something about the grocery stores here. And to be honest I haven't really been brave enough to whip out the camera in the midst of a shopping trip. But right before I left to go back for Christmas, I actually snapped a few pictures, and hopefully eventually I'll take some more.

Overall I would say that the grocery stores are not all that different. I suppose they tend to be pretty small, but this is also because I live in the country. The selection of foreign goods is quite limited, but the produce section is pretty nice (therefore I tend to stick to the fresh things). They also always have a wide selection of pre-made food, including sushi, onigiri, various fried items, and many different pickled goods.

seafood


yum! lots of sushi


a bit unusual, a whole aisle for seaweed options


soy sauce and other sauces


pre-made food (note the employee wearing a christmas hat)

2 comments:

Sophia said...

Please don't torture me with any more pictures of sushi or I'll start littering my blog with pictures of bread and cheese. Yes that is a threat.

Anonymous said...

Lauren - just had time to catch up on reading - how wonderful the pics from Christmas - looks like you all had a great time - by the way loved your hair do - how neat to go toast a new year in with wine, your mom, and on a mountain - so looks like Nathan did not want for anything at Christmas - it was great talking to you on New Year's day and can't wait to see you. Well try to stay warm.
Love, Sue