Friday, January 18, 2008

brrrrr

I realize that some of you who are reading this live in much colder places than I do, however I believe you have better insulated walls, I would just like to rant a bit about how cold it is. I am eternally cold and have not yet found the key to staying warm. Last night I was sitting IN my apartment wearing a tank top, long sleeved shirt, fleece shirt, and a wool sweater. I know it sounds bit excessive (because really its not that cold, only 48 degrees in the apt), but when you have been chilled all day (school is cold too) its hard to get rid of the feeling.

But the epitome of this cold situation is seen through the process I have to go through to take a shower.
1. Turn on the shower 10 minutes ahead to try and steam up the shower room.
2. put towels in dryer
3. Turn heater on in my room on super high
4. Turn electric blanket on (just in case)
5. Take shower
6. Run into my bedroom through the freezing kitchen.

I hope that you all are very appreciative of your warm showers!

But anyway enough of that, I think I'm going to become numb soon and not feel it anymore (I hope).


Oh and yesterday I was awoke to quite a surprise, snow! everything was covered with about 3 inches of snow. It's not a ton of snow, but I had been told that we might get a few days with flurries but that it rarely ever sticks. All of the kids loved it! Lots of snowballs were being made and thrown around school. It was actually quite beautiful.

No comments: