Saturday, December 1, 2007

its a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

today was a beautiful fall day, a welcome break from the cold of the past few weeks, so i decided to go for a run around the neighborhood, went a different way than normal and discovered 2 different parks! they are both so close to my house, how did i never know they were here. ran into a few groups of my students out enjoying the weather as well, and they all actually stopped me and wanted to talk to me(mostly in English too!!). my students are great, i just wish there wasn't so much bureaucracy in the school system and i could have more 'fun' with them, and that they actually had time to act like kids!

also made carrot bread in my rice cooker this afternoon. this is my second attempt making bread in my rice cooker (made banana bread a few weeks ago), and both have turned out well! i think i have made less rice in my rice cooker than other various foods (applesauce is by far the best discovery so far). how does anyone live without a rice cooker?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Lauren,
Just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog and enjoying it! Its interesting to compare teaching English in France and Japan and I even gave the link to your blog to my mom before a business trip to Japan so she could get some insight into Japanese culture!
Sarah

Dad said...

La,
Glad to hear you had a good day and that you are getting so creative with the rice cooker. We will need to find out how talented when you get home in 19 days. Wish you could spend more time with your kids as well as I can tell in your writings you enjy them. Have a good week Dad